Wednesday June 26th – We Need YOU !!
Golfing helps to build communities through social inclusion and a sense of connection. It helps to bind families through shared experiences and shared achievements. Our Club provides great opportunities to get involved in your community.
Volunteering is an activity that people choose to do for the good of their club and their community.
As a Club, we are always looking to recruit new volunteers to help out. It is a great opportunity to make new connections, new friends and learn about your community and to get involved.
Benefits of Volunteering include:
• Improved health and well-being.
• Provides an opportunity to meet new people and make new friends and increase your social network
• Learn new skills
• Have fun
• Builds a network of friends and provides a sense of belonging
• Provides the opportunity to do something you enjoy
Getting Involved Around the Club:
There are many routine tasks that need to be undertaken around our club that assist the club keeping ongoing costs at a manageable level. These include:
• Helping with course related tasks e.g. top dressing, cleaning up the rough, maintenance of the storm shelters, course buildings maintenance, weed control etc
• Clubhouse maintenance and improvements e.g. painting, cleaning etc
• Gardens – maintenance and improvement
• Minor plumbing, carpentry and electrical repairs
• Maintenance of the car park surface
• Assisting with the running of the social days (especially BBQ cooking and serving on a Sunday)
Whilst the club employs staff and engages contractors for the majority of works, members helping out around the club helps the club out financially as well as keeping it maintained. And who doesn’t want to play on a great course?
Please consider how you might be able to help the club and give your details and how you can help to the Club’s Office or Ron Murphy on 0414088251.
Our next volunteer Day will be 13th March and it would be great to see some new faces out there!!